Friday 31 October 2008

Americaland

So, I'm in America, which is lovely.

Kristina and her flat mates have really made me feel at home and part of the 'family'. Me and Sam have banter, it's all good.

While I am here there are many things that I will hopefully be doing as well as accompanying Kristina to her larger lectures where I can blend in and pretending to be an authentic University of WA student. (I get a kick out of blending in where I don't belong, as long as I don't open my mouth I feel like I'm an impostor-ninja).

Tonight is Halloween and I have heard the Americans love this holiday. I have already seen a few interesting costumes around the University campus (where I am now) including Minnie Mouse and Tinky Winkey. We are meant to be doing costume shopping later today and then onto some party/ gathering style things later where my part piece will probably be saying Tofu (which, when I say it, apparently sounds like 'Thai Food').

Talking of shopping I am scared I havn't brought enough currency with me. I brought $200 but have already spend $30 in a day... I honestly don't know how. So this leaves me to survive on $17-ish a day... which could be interesting.

Another worry is that we are going to Canada tomorrow to hang out with Molly (of meme fame) and with currency change what the hell am I gonna use? I need to find out how much I will be charged for using an ATM when I am here, because It will be close to inevitable I fear. (hehe, that rhymes)

There are many other things that I will be doing but I don't want to spoil the surprise... also, I can't really remember right now.

I am also trying to do a little project with video here, getting at least a few seconds of clips each day and then editing them together in a Johnny Durham style thing. We will see how that pans out.

Untill then
Peace
*less than three*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You spelled impostor correctly!
YAY!
Also, your and Kristina's costumes were great.

Aussie said...

Yes! Right next to Christmas, Halloween is possibly my favorite holiday. Many make the mistake that it's just for little kids but it's for all ages.
eeek $200, good luck with that :)

-A